They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. But after about a week, I got tired of eating the fruit plain and decided to mix things up.
Sure, adding sugar to said apple probably gets rid of any possible health benefits, but I don’t really care. This recipe is simply too tasty to not eat every day.
Perfect for a cute dinner party or even proposing to a significant other, this dessert does it all.
Here’s how to make these on your own:
- 1 red apple (Macintosh, red delicious, etc.)
- 1/4 cup of water
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1 thing of prepackaged puff pastry
- Cream cheese
- Cut the apple in half and remove the core.
- Thinly slice it perpendicular to your original cut.
- Mix the slices in a bowl with the water and lemon juice.
- Microwave the slices for three minutes (600W).
- Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board before taking a piece of puff pastry and slicing it into four strips.
- Spread cream cheese on each strip and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Take the apple slices and put them on the edge of each strip, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over everything.
- Fold the puff pastry over the apple and roll each strip up. Put them in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375°F. Sprinkle with sugar and enjoy!